The May/June 2012 Oncology Issues recently published these 2012 predictions for healthcare data and its use:
- Mobile technology will “explode,”
- Hospitals may be at increased risk for data breaches caused by the use of mobile technology in the workforce,
- Class-action lawsuits are “imminent,”
- Social media risks in healthcare will increase,
- Technology is growing faster than security measures and protection from risk and liability,
- Increased use of business associates (outsourcing) creates new risks,
- Privacy and security training will become a yearly requirement,
- Our healthcare organizations will implement cyber liability insurance.
To read the entire issue and how it relates to the predictions above, click here.