The future of the cancer registrar holds some exciting promise! Cancer Registrar was launched after a conversation Michele Webb CTR had with a small group of her fellow registrars. She is committed to cancer registry leadership, continuing education and professional growth and development for CTRs and non-CTRs worldwide. For over 25 years Michele has been passionate about helping cancer registrars and others interested in this exciting career.
- Certified Tumor Registrar (CTR) with 12+ years cancer registry experience and 25+ years in oncology.
- Author: Journal of Registry Management, NCRA Guidebook on Informatics, ADVANCE for Health Information Professionals.
- Motivational Speaker: local, regional, state and national cancer registry and HIM educational conferences and events since 1994.
- e-Educator: created and maintains Registry Mindset, a revolutionary online continuing education program for cancer registrars.
- Coach and Mentor: provides personalized cancer registry coaching services for career change, CTR exam preparation, and working cancer registrars
- National Cancer Registrar’s Association (NCRA): Contributing Editor, Journal of Registry Management, member Informatics Committee, member EHR Subcommittee, former co-chair Formal Education Review Committee, ex officio member Advanced Education Committee, former chair Alternative Methods Education Committee.
- Association of Clinical Research Professionals: former Certified Clinical Research Associate (CCRA) with direct experience in Phase I-IV clinical trials in oncology, endocrinology, cardiology, and internal medicine.
- Formal education: studies in cancer information management (CIM), information systems, business education and psychology.
- Netpreneur: developed and maintained cancer registry specific websites, products and services since 2004.
A PERSONAL NOTE
Michele was born in Central California and currently resides in South Orange County, California. When she is not working you may find her with her Australian Shepherd dog “Miss Billie Sings the Blues” (aka Billie), reading, doing counted cross-stitch, or landscape photography. Her newest interests include motorcycling (one day she will own a Harley) and marquetry. She has participated in two 3-day walks (60 miles) for breast cancer research held in Seattle, WA and San Diego, CA and is a volunteer for the American Red Cross. Outside of the workplace she is known as “Auntie ‘chele” and enjoys spending time with her family and friends